About this activity
- Duration – 90-120 minutes
- Booking On-line – Essential for Adults – Printed or mobile voucher accepted, which is provided on the confirmation email. Children are welcome, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Qualified Guides – English
- Difficulty – Easy (one steep hill)
- Frequency – Detailed on the Website to meet demand
- Cost – Public tour will operate on the “Free Walking Tour” principle , i.e. there is no fee for the tour, but if you enjoy the event please feel free to make a donation to your guide(s) at the end.
Our public walking tour will last approximately one and a half hours but allow yourself longer to visit the many specialist shops, bars and coffee houses. The walking pace will be gentle with many stops but remember Hillsborough is built on a hill and we will have to go up it at some point, so if this presents a problem please contact us in advance. The tour will cover between 2-3Km on hard paths and pavements, be sure to wear some comfortable footwear and remember Northern Ireland weather can be quite changeable so dress suitably. We would also recommend you assemble at the meeting point approximately 10 minutes before the published starting time to allow for registration.
Our walking tour will start at the car park of Hillsborough Forest Park and we will meet at the walkway between the car park to the lake – so look out for your guide, the one with the clipboard. Map showing starting location
The walking route will then take you through the park to the Fort and from there to the Parish Church of St Malachy’s. We will then make our way to the centre of the village and then back up the main street to the Market/Court House, the Castle and finally return to the forest car park.